Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

layout sketch of subassembly showing in every linear pattern instance

Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO
Is there some way of hiding all sketches or excluding a subassembly's sketch from a linear pattern?

I have an assembly that has a sketch for laying out components. This sketch is hidden in the latest version but I am showing it here so you know what it looks like in.

In a separate document, I made another assembly with 6 pcs - one positioned and then 5 from a linear pattern. Those layout sketches all showed on the linear pattern instance but ok, it's only 5. Just hide them one by one and move on.

Then I linear patterned that pallet of 6 on a truck and I have almost 360 sketches showing (60 pallets x 6 sketches showing on each one)!

Needless to say, I am not excited about hiding 360 sketches and I can't really suppress the sketch in the original component.

Comments

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    Try "shift+p"...
    But if you do a "show all", they will come back, but at least that should hide them in one step.

It would be nice if you could "hide" something at a lower level and would default to being hidden at higher levels. Or maybe a "flag" similar to exclude from BOM and "not revision managed" so you can tell a piece of geometry it's "Construction only" and should remain hidden unless you specifically show it!
  • Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO
    That worked great! Thank you. I had checked the list of keyboard shortcuts but must have missed it.
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    edited July 2022
    "P" toggles planes in part studios, and "shift+P" hides all "construction geometry" in one go, sketches, planes, etc...

I only discovered a couple of days ago that it works in assemblies so this was fresh in my mind but I'm not sure it's documented anywhere!

Edit: it's listed under the "3D view" shortcuts.