Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Auto Insert Fasteners

patrick_sheapatrick_shea Member Posts: 63 EDU
I am looking for a tutorial on how to 'auto fill' fasteners into the holes you have provided for them.

Thanks 

Pat

Comments

• dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    I think you mean the replicate tool?
    Info is in the help file's
  • patrick_sheapatrick_shea Member Posts: 63 EDU
    I thought there was a feature to 'Auto Insert' items into an assembly.  Like putting screws into countersink holes.  Will Replicate do that?
    pat

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    There is no one click button that reads every screw hole on your assembly nad auto inserts a starck of fasteners.

But replicate can take any mated group of objects, then query the part, or face, to find identical faces or edges that match the mated group's root mate connector. 

Then it will act sort of like an auto updating pattern. 
  • patrick_sheapatrick_shea Member Posts: 63 EDU
    Got it - I tried it with simple block with csk holes, and screws.  Thanks guys !!