Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Quick select the right origin plane

Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
Hello everyone,

is there an easy way to quick sort trought the different planes with a mateconnector at the origin? Or do I have to rotate and try until I can select the right face? This time I wanted to select the face which ist rectengular to the y-axis.

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Answers

• Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    If you highlight the origin with your mouse (such that the grey mate connector axes appear), then press and hold shift, your current selection will lock to the origin, allowing you to select a mate connector axis much more easily. Pressing and holding shift can also be used to lock selections to faces and other types of geometry, which makes it a lot easier to select the implicit mate connector you want.
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here: