Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

save comments

EugenEugen Member Posts: 18 PRO
every thing in onshape will be saved imediatly but comments doesnt.
Verry annoying after collecting a lot of numbers and facts when loosing it because of cloosing onshape by mistake.
Maybe it would be better to "save" the comments automaticly as like everything else in onshape.  

Comments

• steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    @Eugen

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/19a2f8a3e4eef4fa1776efd7/w/4122bfbbc9b5e2a27af8ad75/e/7f4a1dba3f55a670c216ccc7

Here’s one way to safeguard your notes or text or your hand drawn sketches or photos

Use your word processor to take down your notes

Insert any photos or images or hand drawn sketches into this text file and save it as a PDF

Then import the PDF into Onshape

The PDF will come into a Onshape document with its own tab

One thing nice about bringing in a PDF is, you’ll be able to zoom in on this PDF. So if you bring in an Image that has some details packed in there close together, well this will allow you to zoom in to see what’s going on

edited July 2022
    @Eugen

Regarding the above, I did everything on my iPhone, and it worked flawlessly, and the interface worked at an excellent rate of speed.

Initially I made the PDF and imported PRIOR TO opening any Onshape document.

A new document was created using the name of the PDF, with a single tab, being that of the PDF
    And as I said, it all worked great on the iPhone

But when I tried to open this document using Safari on my  MacBook Pro, it froze.
    Again, all that was in the document at that time was the single tab of the PDF

So I used my iPhone to create a Part Studio within that document, and in that Part Studio I made a simple sketch.
    Then I went back to my MacBook, and it all worked fine.

So a better way might be to create a new document or open an existing document, that has a Part Studio, and then import from within that document

@Eugen

I played with this some more

If the document opens onto the PDF, it freezes
    So I rearranged the tabs and also closed the document on a Part Studio tab using my iPhone, and it would then open onto the Part Studio no problem using my MacBook, and then I was able to get into and out of the PDF no problem

Looks like either a bug, or maybe I'm using too big of images in the PDF

• EugenEugen Member Posts: 18 PRO
    Hi Steve, thanks for your help.
    Yes I think to create a  *.pdf and copy/paste will be the best way.

• René_SartorioRené_Sartorio Member Posts: 58 PRO
    Hello Eugen 

I think you mean this window:

It would be very useful if it was like Outlook. You close it by mistake but the text is saved as a draft. 

• René_SartorioRené_Sartorio Member Posts: 58 PRO
    We only need this 

as in the form