Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hole quantity callout on drawings -- and mirror in assembly

rick_conardrick_conard Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
Are there any plans to add hole quantity on the drawing hole callouts?

Second question:  Is there any update on capability to mirror parts within an assembly?

Answers

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    For the first one, have you tried using the hole table? That might be another way to handle it.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • rick_conardrick_conard Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Evan,  

thanks for the answer.   Yes, hole tables would work.   I'm just used to having the hole callout include the quantity of holes  (as done in Solidworks).     For a simple part with just a few holes, having to add a table seems to be unnecessary extra work.

For complex parts with lots of holes the hole table is the best way to go.

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Yeah, I see your point. I'm not sure of a way to do it, but it would be nice for sure.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    @rick_conard There are plans for this.  Qty can be a nuanced thing to nail down so we will likely have options for users want qty reported in callouts as well as a default type.  For example.... qty visible in this view, qty of this pattern, qty within the entire part, etc...
    Evan,  

thanks for the answer.   Yes, hole tables would work.   I'm just used to having the hole callout include the quantity of holes  (as done in Solidworks).     For a simple part with just a few holes, having to add a table seems to be unnecessary extra work.

For complex parts with lots of holes the hole table is the best way to go.

Pete,  thanks for your reply.   Great to know you are working on adding hole quantity to the callouts.

Do you have any info on the request for "mirror in assemblies?"         I know this is a long standing improvement request.

thank you

Rick
  • BLeeVNBLeeVN Member Posts: 18 PRO
    Pete,  thanks for your reply.   Great to know you are working on adding hole quantity to the callouts.

Do you have any info on the request for "mirror in assemblies?"         I know this is a long standing improvement request.

thank you

Rick
    A workaround is to add a Mate Connector in the Parts Studio that locates the Mirror Plane of the Part. When creating the Mate Connector you have the option to Realign and Move. I actually find this more robust in the Assembly because I can decouple actions between the Mirror Part Seed.