Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Two stl files into one Part

joerg_manijoerg_mani Member Posts: 2
Hi 
My question is actually simple.
How can i combine two stl files into one? The part is in two pieces and i do have only the stl files. My 3D Printer is big enough so im able to print it as one part.
I tried it to import it and to create an assembly that worked. Is this the correct way to do it or is there a better way to create one stl file?

Thank you in advanced for your answer.
Cheers from Switzerland

Answers

• matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO
    @joerg_mani, you may be able to accomplish this task in your slicer.  Cura has a right-click option to "merge" models.  Presumably other slicing engines offer similar capability.  Your two pieces may well have been modeled together, in which case "merging" them in the slicer will locate them together and print them as one.