Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

CAM for onshape

2»

Comments

• bill_schnoebelenbill_schnoebelen OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader, csevp Posts: 109 PRO
    When we have an EVP for it, you'll be the first to know. 
    I have some ideas for holes if your interested. Less clicks.
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    Of course we're interested. Is it something in a document I can share with others? I would need to pass along your feedback, or connect you with the right development team. 
  • chadstoltzfuschadstoltzfus Member, Developers, csevp Posts: 130 PRO
    When we have an EVP for it, you'll be the first to know. 
    We (Premier Custom Built) would also like to know when the EVP drops. 
    Applications Developer at Premier Custom Built
    chadstoltzfus@premiercb.com
    You got it, Chad! 
  • bill_schnoebelenbill_schnoebelen OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader, csevp Posts: 109 PRO
    Of course we're interested. Is it something in a document I can share with others? I would need to pass along your feedback, or connect you with the right development team. 
    Do they create a stl like HSMWorks or use the native cad? 

If it is native cad then the user simply should be able to select face(s). The program would get all the holes features. The program would bounce this off a tool/procedure table and CAM. The CAM would include all spot/chamfer, drill, tap, c'sink, c'bore code.

I did it, and it works great! I do only use bottoming form taps. It gets more complicated in a more generic enviroment where you can have different taps/materials, the user left no clearance, drill/tap too deep, etc. I think the important part is if there is no tool/procedure the program catches it early on. We can thread mill to no clearace, or order special taps/drill and add it to the tool/procedure as non-standard. 
    @bill_schnoebelen Hey Bill, I'll pass your comment along...and hopefully involve the CloudMilling/PTC members here. I'm about 90% certain it'll use native CAD. 
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    edited September 2022
    Comment has been deleted by user.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎