Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Importing a pdf file into a sketch

geoff_joseygeoff_josey Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
I have a number of cross sections at 1:1 scale which are scans from a plan. pdf format. I would like to import these into sketches to use for a loft between the various planes.
Any guidance and tips would be appreciated
Tagged:

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    edited December 2020
    You'll have to convert these to an image first, either through an image editing software like Photoshop, or by taking a screenshot.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • geoff_joseygeoff_josey Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    After a long delay I have another related question. I have a file with 3 sheets in pdf format. These have been converted to jpg (image) format. When I import the zipped file the first sheet imports OK but for the other 2  get the message "failed to translate. No translatable formats found in given zip archive. Hopefully attached !
    Thanks
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    I would try importing each JPG as a separate file. I know .ZIP works for CAD archives, but not sure about other types of files.

BTW, if you want the actual lines in the PDF, you might try this: https://cloudconvert.com/pdf-to-dxf
  • geoff_joseygeoff_josey Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Thanks for your help. The link was useful and it all worked OK using your suggestions.