Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

change the colour of lines to be able to export as dxf for laser cutter.

miguel_silva737miguel_silva737 Member Posts: 7 EDU
In our school students do a lot of designs (and learning cad with the process) that have to be cut on laser cutter.

The laser gets black for cutting and red for engraving. how can i set up different colors for different lines?

Many thanks

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi.

For today you'll need to export from onshape as a dxf or similar and then use a 3rd party bit of software to set line coulours before importing it into your laser cutter software.

If you have a look in the Improvement Request section I believe there is a topic asking for coloured lines.

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    kevin_whitekevin_white Member, csevp Posts: 11 EDU
    There is a partial solution we found where you can set up a Drawing Document and add all of your views there, then use the wrench on the right to access the Drawing Properties. That will get you into the color options on the right for line wight and other detaisl too. Unfortunately the line weight only goes down to .13mm, so I still have to send mine out to illustrator to drop down the thickness. bUt others have reported their software can read the PDF export of the red lines, depends on your laser software I guess.