Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Exporting all configurations to STL

Hello,

I've seen a few posts asking about this, but they were old and since then OnShape has improved a lot, so I wanted to know whether I'm missing something.

I've designed a pipe bracket in OnShape and it has a few configuration variables (pipe diameter, bracket length). I'd like to be able to export all combinations to STL, like:
  • 10mm pipe diameter, 10mm bracket length
  • 11mm pipe diameter, 10mm bracket length
  • 12mm pipe diameter, 10mm bracket length
  • 10mm pipe diameter, 11mm bracket length
  • 11mm pipe diameter, 11mm bracket length
  • 12mm pipe diameter, 11mm bracket length
  • 10mm pipe diameter, 12mm bracket length
  • 11mm pipe diameter, 12mm bracket length
  • 12mm pipe diameter, 12mm bracket length
How should I go about doing this? Should I use release management? Should I write a script (I'm a coder, but I'm new to OnShape)?

My apologies if I'm using the wrong vocabulary. I only started to use OnShape a few hours ago and CAD is not my main profession, just a hobby.

Comments

• cameron_wellercameron_weller Member Posts: 2 EDU
    I have been wanting to do something exactly like this but from other discussions it doesnt seem that has been implemented yet.