Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to create a selection to choose all the surface with specifc appearances

roy_yang375roy_yang375 Member Posts: 10 PRO
I have edit some surface for different appearances to represent the machined surface on casting.
Now the question is how can I use these selections directly? Currently I can't choose these surface at once.
Or how can I just export these surface?

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Answer ✓
    Hi Roy, it isn’t possible even with FeatureScript. If you wanted to export just those faces, you would have to create an offset surface of 0mm and then temporarily delete the solid using Delete part.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Answer ✓
    Hi Roy, it isn’t possible even with FeatureScript. If you wanted to export just those faces, you would have to create an offset surface of 0mm and then temporarily delete the solid using Delete part.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    roy_yang375roy_yang375 Member Posts: 10 PRO
    NeilCooke said:

Hi Neil, If I create an offset, then is that mean I need to select these surface one by one? It still a bit annoying to do that although I can use tangent or other method to reduce the number of clicks.