Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Cut part in half

VoyagerVoyager Member Posts: 19 EDU
edited October 2022 in General
Hey, I would like to cut this body in half. The book I follow just used the front-layer as line to cut and based the build from the beginning around that, but I dont feel like, that it would help me in the future. 

So I would draw a sketch, and use the line. 

Where should I draw it?
How can I select the line, if I select the sketch it always wants to cut in half at the area not the line?

Could you please help me?

Edit: I just posted all my questions in general/discussion, sorry 

Comments

• Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 199 PRO
    A 1D line is not enough to split a solid in half.  You need a plane.  Either extrude that line as a surface or create a plane using the line and another plane (Plane -> Line angle).
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    You can also use the split feature directly with a mate connector (and unselect the "keep both sides" option) to split your part.