Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Configuration variable issues - scroll wheel increment, renaming?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,362 PRO
I have a model with a couple of configuration variables (all reals) and while they have similar orders of magnitude on the Default, Minimum and Maximums, the scroll wheel increment doesn't act the same. With control held down, some increment 0.01 per click, and some increment 0.1 per click. Is this something that comes from the initial range or does it get updated if the range changes?

As a side note, is there a way to change the name of a configured variable? I can easily change the label that goes in the configuration panel, but it seems like I have to delete the featurescript ID to rename the variable once it's configured. Regular variables are so easy to rename, this is really frustrating.

This article is useful, but it doesn't cover these issues, and it hasn't been updated since variable studios came out.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I've also found this help page which is not correct. Depending on the units and some other hidden issues, Onshape does some weird things. Here's a recording from a document which is set to meters. All of this is being done with control held down while using the scroll wheel (according to the help, this should be an increment of 0.01, which is only true for the first click on cornerSkew out of this whole recording). The config variables without units are all reals with 0 to 1 or in the case of the cornerSkew, -0.99 to 1.99 limits.

• Options
    I've added an improvement request to allow renaming of configuration variables.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/20189/allow-renaming-of-configuration-variables