Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Help with boolean subtract

daniel_howard927daniel_howard927 Member Posts: 6
Hello everyone,
I am trying to subtract this pyramid from this cylinder but am unable to select the pyramid since it is completely within the cylinder. I am essentially trying to make a cut out mold. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Comments

• Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    when a feature is berried so as not to be selectable with all displayed you can select secondary extrude from the feature tree or on the fly hide part 1 so you can see extrude 2..
  • Options
    Hello, I have the pyramid in the part studio as "derived part" and don't know of a way to insert multiple parts into a single part studio. Additionally, I am unsure of what you mean by secondary extrude.
  • Options
    Solved the problem. I needed to extrude the second object under "new" instead of "add."