Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Contact access

_Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
I noticed this being available for mobile apps, It would be great if this was available on my desktop.

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I just use my email client (thunderbird) and copy address from there.

I'm not a big fan of accessing contacts in general, it seems like all services (google & others) have forgot that people use the same phone/computer/account in work and private.
    When I wan't to share a cad model, I don't like to have possibility to accidentally share it with my grandmom if I ment to share with GrandMold Inc. (I think you got the point).
    //rami
  • Options
    @3dcadI can fully understand your concerns but certainly an option would be nice for the old farts (me) that get easily annoyed having to continually search for a contact then copy and paste.
  • Options
    @da_vicki Then you would need to connect your google or other account into onshape where you hold your contacts. This might be the case later if Ons will implement the use of dropbox/google/other files within document.
    //rami
  • Options
    This was just a request, I have not a clue of what is required for Onshape to accomplish this, I just had a thought that it would be nice. But it would appear simple enough for Onshape to retain the previous email addresses that I've requested to share with. Something simple like that would be all that I would need.
  • Options
    +1 That is a good idea.
    //rami
  • Options
    raviravi Onshape Employees Posts: 34
    Thanks for the feedback. Remembering previously shared addresses and type ahead for user name as well as email is under works. Hope to get it out soon