Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Updating Drawings

geoff_joseygeoff_josey Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
I have been working on a Part Studio and the derived drawings for some while and have been updating the drawings as the sketch in the part studio changed.
Suddenly, I have been unable to update the drawing and the update icon is not highlighted even though the changes are significant. 
I have read the reviews of forum posts etc.  but I cannot see the fix. I think I may have inadvertently locked the version.
Thanks in advance for any help.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/bbbf79b8b4e7602cefa8a767/w/0e109f0879c8013a6b9c9e4a/e/05029ec240bb0ad16db4a962

Comments

• tim_hesstim_hess Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    I notice that you have two different part studios - are you making your changes in the correct one? Your drawing is linked to "Part Studio 1", but your most recent changes have been made in "Part Studio 1 Copy 1". 

You can either update "Part Studio 1" or update the drawing view to reference the other part studio (Right-click on the view, select view properties, then edit the "reference" field). 
  • geoff_joseygeoff_josey Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Hi Thanks for your comments. I seem to have got myself in a muddle by using the 2 Part Studios and sketch / drawing names. I am going to recreate the whole document.

However, I have just tried as follows :-

1, Open Part Studio Copy 1
    2. Select sketch 3F- 0.75 (Shows profile and added 6.0 hole)
    3. Select Drawing 3F - 0.75
    4.Drawing does not show hole or update optio:-1:
    I must be missing something ?

Thanks
    Yes - you need to tell your drawing which part studio to use. Right now, your drawings are linked to "Part Studio 1". You need edit your drawing views so that they are linked to "Part Studio 1 Copy 1". 

You still need to do these steps in the drawingRight-click on the drawing view, select view properties, then edit the "reference" field to link to your sketch in Part Studio 1 Copy 1.

Alternatively, delete the drawing view and add a new view of the sketch located in 
    Part Studio 1 Copy 1.
  • geoff_joseygeoff_josey Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Hi Tim, Many thanks for your very helpful comments. I think I have now "got it" !
    Glad to help!