Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Team members can't delete objects in team?

andrew_greenberg693andrew_greenberg693 Member Posts: 4 EDU
Hi folks!

I'm the faculty advisor of a student aerospace team. I created a team under the Educational license, and I invite students to the team. None of the students can delete anything in the team, including objects they create themselves. This is supremely annoying. Is there a setting I missed after hours of searching?

Comments

• Options
    Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    Hi @andrew_greenberg693

It sounds like when you shared the document or folder that your team is working in you didn't give the team Delete permission. You can change this by going back into the Share dialog and editing the teams permission.

You can learn more about the different permissions and sharing here:https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/sharedocuments.htm

I also messaged you if you need more support!
  • Options
    andrew_greenberg693andrew_greenberg693 Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Hi Domenico! Thanks so much for the link.

Unfortunately, it didn't help. If I go to the workspare or folder I want my student team to delete, I click on it, then Share, and then I click the pencil icon to edit the team permisions... and "Delete" is grayed out. I can't check it.