Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Stackup analysis

jay_patel506jay_patel506 Member Posts: 2
Hello all,

This is my first post. So, pardon me if I make any mistake.

I was working with onshape from few days. But I am not sure if onshape have any feature for the stackup analysis, likewise, solidworks's tool analyst, creo's EZ tolerance analysis and inventor's stackup analysis.

If we have anything similar to that please let me know.

Regards,
Jay

Tagged:

Answers

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    Not anything dedicated built in yet AFAIK. However, you can represent the tolerances using "move face" as 3d geometry and then if your mates are set up appropriately in your assembly you should be able to quickly grab the info you need. You can use a configuration drop down for +/-/0 deviation along with a single move face for all faces with the same tolerance to make modifying/updating the check quicker. I can throw together a quick demo tomorrow (it's 2:20 AM here and I should really go to sleep...)
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I was working on a FS to do this a few years ago. It wasn't that hard to setup and control. 

Not sure why I stopped doing it.

Anyway, look through FS library, it'd be easy to do and someone probably done it.

• joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    Tolerance analysis.  For those interested in this topic. I would like to hear more specifics of your needs.  Since there is such a wide range of approaches and solutions for this topi.  If you are willing to collaborate in a little more detail. Please feel free to reach out directly to me. 

jdunne@ptc.com

My role at Onshape is working with our 3rd party developers. Suffice to say there is interest in this area. The more data I have the more I can help experts in this field target the right solution. 
    Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • Tyson_HumphreyTyson_Humphrey Member Posts: 2
    Are there any updates on this? I'm needing to use some stack up analysis software for a product that I'm helping develop. Have there been any 3rd party developers that have made anything that works with Onshape? If not, does anyone know any good work arounds?
  • Theo_RTheo_R Member Posts: 81 PRO
    @joe_dunne
    Any updates you can share publicly on this front?
    Thanks!
  • joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    This has been a tricky one.  I say this because in general there is a dependency on PMI/MBD.  Once Onshape tackles MBD, then downstream use cases like tolerance analysis become more straight forward. 

I suggest putting in enhancement request for the need of MBD.  That is the best option for getting this in the product sooner.

Joe
    Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • michael_zeaglermichael_zeagler Member Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    There are two feature requests for it pending. I've been interested in this for a long time.

MBD, 3D annotations — Onshape

Model-Based Definition and Tolerance Analysis — Onshape