Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Any way to increase the size of dimension entry?

james_howard360james_howard360 Member Posts: 28 PRO
Is there a way to increase the size of the 'Value' field or show it as multi-line? I'm building expressions in Notepad++ and pasting them in, but if OnShape decides there is an error, scrolling back and forth repeatedly to find an error in a field that's limited to 20 characters is extra tedious.

Comments

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Look into featurescript. It's easier than trying to use 1 liners.

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    edited January 2023
    Still would be useful to be able to pop out the expression field though...
    Even a simple expression with a couple of variable requires scrolling back and forth!  Even just allowing us to temporarily resize the whole input dialogue (so we could make it the width of our screen) would go a long way!

There's an improvement request for it: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/48300#Comment_48300
  • edward_petrilloedward_petrillo Member Posts: 79 EDU
    I ran into the same problem, then I noticed that if I created a variable in a Variable Studio, I could expand the width of the "Value" column to a comfortable size..  You're forced to use the separate tab instead of entering your expression in a sketch, but it gets the job done.  Looks like the improvement request hasn't attracted a lot of attention. 

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I wish!...like, often.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl