Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Creating Centerlines via opposite sides

MaruMaru OS Professional Posts: 18 PRO
Currently, to create a centerline you have to select the middle point on each end.  I currently have a mitered tube and the profile view of this doesn't allow for accurate middle points.  It would be much more ideal if there was an option to create a centerline by referencing parallel sides, and possibly more accurate than having to select points in more complicated drawings.

Comments

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree there this is an issue. But I think that the issue is even bigger in that we need a complete set of sketching tools and constraints. This had been brought up and had been commented on by Onshape Therefore I'm inclined to believe that they are at least looking at implementing something, somehow.
  • Options
    MaruMaru OS Professional Posts: 18 PRO
    Good point, and definitely agree.  Sketch tools/constraints would also allow workarounds for cases like this too.
  • Options
    stevehessstevehess Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 98
    Thanks @brian_17
    Definitely agree.  We have this in the dev plan.  Stay tuned and thanks for the great image in your post.  it really helps convey your message,
    Steve Hess \ Onshape Inc.