Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape is struggling to load

_Carbyne__Carbyne_ Member Posts: 17 EDU
I tried mirroring a DXF file which was linked with an extrude on the next operation and now it's stuck. If I refresh the document it gives the message: "Onshape encountered a problem with your last operation. If the problem persists, please contact support. Support code 79a4324bfa995406f872cae7." I can't go back and delete the last few operations because the part studio won't load.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,376
    edited March 2023
    Close the document, then on the documents page, right-click on it and select "versions and history". Find a previous history entry (without selecting it) then in the gear menu on the right, select "restore to main".
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 663 PRO
    Thank you for this tip @NeilCooke. I used it 5 min ago to get out of an unresponsive pcb studio loop. I knew it could be done from within a document, but did not know it could be done outside of it.
  • Options
    I don't create many versions/saves of my document, so what I did was just to create a duplicate document and delete the part studio that was causing the issue.
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,500 PRO
    @_Carbyne_
    _Carbyne_ said:
    I don't create many versions/saves of my document, so what I did was just to create a duplicate document and delete the part studio that was causing the issue.

There is no really no need to do this!

There is no saving and every single change is required so you can pick any "micro-version" to restore from the history, not just manually created ones.

If you are not sure which one to use, you can also pick "view" for any of these and if it loads successfully, you can then restore it from within the open document.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @_Carbyne_
    _Carbyne_ said:

There is no really no need to do this!

There is no saving and every single change is required so you can pick any "micro-version" to restore from the history, not just manually created ones.

If you are not sure which one to use, you can also pick "view" for any of these and if it loads successfully, you can then restore it from within the open document.

How do you pick micro-versions? A short video or photos would be very much appreciated!
  • Options
    Thank you! I didn't notice there was a "Show changes" button.

• Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 663 PRO
    I just copied your document and its slow as molasses opening. Maybe all your sketches with thousands of entities from your other post are catching up to you;)
  • Options
    Haha, yes I did spend a lot of time waiting for it to load, but I'm basically done with the logos thankfully.