Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Capability to Edit appearance on the ISO view

navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
It would be nice if we could change the appearance (ADD COLOR) to the Isometric view created in OS drawings, in assemblies it will help differentiate the different parts and it serves as a good marketing tool when showing drawings to customers.

Nicolas Ariza V.
Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions

Comments

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    +1    I would actually like to edit the solid appearance in all the views someday. But likely ISO would have the most purpose.
  • Options
    traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    +1
  • Options
    stg434stg434 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    It appears that a few threads, like this one, are turning into a wants list for drawings.  Ok, I'll play too.

Symbol pallet in dimension pop-up
    Flip the direction of the offset dimension leader
    Detail view (mentioned by others)
    Hatching areas (mentioned by others)
    Control over hatch parameters and material representation
    Control over arrows - force to outside or inside
    Arrow styles
    Control over visibility (on/off) of extension lines
    Weld symbology

So far I think the drawings are a good first effort!  I will grant that this is alpha so please take that into account for the following comment; does anyone else feel that it is unacceptable to require users to go to another app, be it ACAD or Draftsight what have you, in order to tweak drawing templates?  That doesn't feel professional to me at all.

PS Yes I use SW ; ^)

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I agree that I have the same thoughts about template editing, I also agree that this is a good 1st effort. But editing templates is not something in which I would do very often so therefore I consider the editing issue a minor inconvenience. I would expect that this is something OS will address in due course and certainly worth mentioning.

• Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    In my case I have Draftsight installed, tried to upload a custom template with a Logo did not work, but honestly no big issue for me either. I believe down the road Template Editing will be available within OS. Other priorities are up in the list to take this out of Alpha I think.
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions