Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

LiveWorks '23

jim_heppelmannjim_heppelmann Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 4
PTC CEO here.  I've tried to stay out of your way since we acquired Onshape, but behind the scenes I've been in 10,000 conversations about Onshape since we acquired the company in 2019!   I do hope you appreciate what a good home for Onshape PTC has been.  I think we have delivered on every promise we ever made.  We have retained the team, preserved the brand and culture and strategy, funded the business aggressively, shared technologies like simulation and soon generative (which will be in the free version, BTW), shared organizational capabilities like our EDU program that drove explosive Onshape growth in education, wrote the checks necessary to acquire technologies to accelerate Onshape capabilities in Rendering and ECAD and CAM and PLM/Arena, pushed for a more aggressive free use program, and helped develop big picture thinking like pioneering Agile Product Development, i.e., develop hardware like software.  Nearly 4 years into it, the Onshape band is still together at PTC, kicking butt, and feeling good about their new home.  I hope you are feeling good, too!

I think something magical is happening here.  Come to LiveWorx and learn about it, meet the people driving it, and meet your fellow passionate users.  Forums like this are great, but no match for keynotes and breakout sessions and cocktail parties and Dierks Bentley!  Hope to see you in Boston in a few weeks!  :-)

Jim Heppelmann
Tagged:

Comments

• Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    Thanks for the insights, Jim! Lots to be excited about in this community. 

Want to learn more about LiveWorx or register? Go here: https://www.liveworx.com/

It's just 18 days out :# ! Gotta get back to preparing for it now...

• sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    edited April 2023
    ... shared technologies like simulation and soon generative (which will be in the free version, BTW)...
    This sounds awesome! Can't wait to see how everyone will use this!  :)

I will attend LiveWorx 23 online
  • Nath_McCNath_McC Member Posts: 114 PRO
    ... shared technologies like simulation and soon generative (which will be in the free version, BTW) ...

I also like the sound of this and will also attend LiveWorx 23 
  • bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be attending LiveWorx23 online.
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 258 PRO
    Looking forward to seeing some of you there. I would also like to invite those of you attending to come and check out my session at LiveWorx on Tuesday at 1:00, [CA1203B] Customize your CAD with FeatureScript. I'll be talking about the incredible impact FeatureScript has had on our business, and I think anyone in any role will walk away with something valuable.  
    Back to back  B)

Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager
  • wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    @jim_heppelmann
      Hello Jim, 
     Thank You. Many, if not all of us appreciate very much how you have stayed out of the way, and yet poured so much into Onshape. Keep up the excellent work. I would love to be at LiveWorx in person however it looks like I'll be attending virtually. I wish you all the best and looking forward to LiveWorx and the future of Onshape. 
  • Chris_D_Mentes_001Chris_D_Mentes_001 Member, csevp Posts: 54 PRO
    Anyone want to pay for my ticket from Australia  :'(
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    Anyone want to pay for my ticket from Australia  :'(
    Too rich for my blood, but the good news? There's a virtual option, as well as on-demand options after it concludes! 
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO

PTC has done an amazing job with Onshape. We are proud to be apart of the PTC family. B)

See you at LiveWorx 23!
    We will be there.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 659 PRO
    I bought PTC stock after I used OS for a few months:) Thanks for giving OS a great home.