Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Linear feature pattern use.

james_munrojames_munro Member Posts: 14
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/25025155be31feeb694041a4/w/eb6035960f3084c5335fad1e/e/847f56e2e8e925afb182a413?renderMode=0&uiState=6451033dae180f2f427f4715

I am using the linear feature pattern tool on a frame, but it fails to replicate the "limit frame end to face" option I have selected. I have "apply per instance" selected in the linear pattern options. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Comments

• glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Have a look at sketch 1 and frame 28. I thinks you'll find it's more inline with how frame tool works. Hope this gives useful ideas.
    Note that I modified frame 27as well to get a better result. The second end hadn't been trimmed.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5c5ec09188d82ce40a4b926c/w/c0a51f3fe8f3c983fe57bd0d/e/caab099d3fefead4aaf09edd
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    Or you could just not trim "frame24" and use the "frame trim" option after the pattern.

That said, it's not unreasonable to expect the pattern with "apply per instance" to actually work here as it should work with an "extrude up to". I would open a ticket and they would either tell you it's a "bug" or make it into an improvement request...
  • james_munrojames_munro Member Posts: 14
    Ahh yes the frame trim option would work, where do you open a ticket? Either way, thanks!