Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

MOVING EDUCATION FILES to NON-EDUCATION Account

patrick_sheapatrick_shea Member Posts: 63 EDU
If we want to share a file from an EDU account to a NON EDU account what is the  procedure?  Can you make a copy and transfer it?

Thanks

Pat

Comments

• Options
    I have some files created in my EDU account - and I would like to move them to my regular account, is this possible? or do I have to redraw everything in my regular account?

Patrick
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 666 PRO
    I believe you can make the document public from your edu acct. Once it's public, find it from your non-edu acct, and make a copy of it there. You'd lose all the version history, however. PS, I'm not certain of all this, and IDK if there is another way of doing it.

I think I saw in another thread, that when your edu account expires, it will turn into a free hobby account, and you can continue your work there. IDK if that is relevant to what you are asking.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    It sounds like you might need to transfer ownership. I'm not sure what this is like for and Educational account. Also if this is an Enterprise Edu account there may be an extra step. It's somewhat complicated with Enterprise commercial accounts. First you transfer out of the Enterprise to a cad.onshape.com account, and then you can transfer ownership to a different account. There's probably an admin person at your educational institution who might be able to help.
  • Options
    Thanks