Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rotation with one fixed part

ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32
I have these two pieces joined by a revolute mate. The objective is to have the green part fixed, and the blue to rotate around the cylinder hole. I tried also the cylindrical mate and fastened mate, but when I set the green part to fix, I cannot rotate the blue at all. I know this can be done, but I cannot figure out what I am missing. Also, both parts have to be in contact with each other.

Comments

• Options
    imants_smidchensimants_smidchens Member Posts: 62 EDU
    A revolute is definitely the way to go!
    can you share the document? Some potential causes for this issue:
    if the two parts are grouped together, they'll be fixed relative to each other (and thus won't spin)
    if the revolute is using mates that belong to the wrong parts, then those might be spinning instead.