Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape email marketing

2»

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    With the forum attacks and now this. If this can't be explained I'm thinking sabotage. :#
  • cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @pete_yodis My guess is your colleague signed up at TraceParts and ended up on their email list.  We advertise with TraceParts.
  • pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    @cody_armstrong He said he didn't sign up at TraceParts.  Any more thoughts?
  • cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @pete_yodis No, email@symboles.com is the email address associated with TraceParts email advertising.  I get them quite often. We just ran an ad this morning through TraceParts, so I'm quite certain this is it. 
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @juan_aviles
    It seems to work as it used to. When you have print preview open (https://cad.onshape.com/printview) use RMB and select save image, there is your png. So you don't actually print anything, just save the preview as you would save any image from web.

I find it easier to save screenshots, it is difficult to get preview right first time. Resolution for image is better when saved from preview, use this if you aim to print.
    //rami
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    The problem with emails is that they come too close these days.
    It was ok to have all kind of post when I only read in the school computer or evening after work. Then communication at work moved to emails, I started to get a little annoyed by advertising in the middle of workday.
    But today, emails are on all computers and phone - my smartwatch vibrates and shows immediately sender&subject, handsfree gives a little beep to my ear - I really hope it's something important. We are almost at the point where best email is the one that never came =)

This is why I need many emails and try to share them with wisdom. If I give my priority email to someone, I always check that it is not going to mailing lists.

My suggestion to Onshape would be that when I create new account, let me set priority email (account alerts, very important notices, invoicing) and secondary email for tips & tricks & blogs & marketing. At least for pro account.
    //rami
  • pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    @pete_yodis No, email@symboles.com is the email address associated with TraceParts email advertising.  I get them quite often. We just ran an ad this morning through TraceParts, so I'm quite certain this is it. 
    That seems to be it.  Thanks for tracking it down Cody.  Food for thought...
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

juan_aviles said:

.. .jpg export is another item I'd like to see.  3dcad said:
    You can save .png from print preview.
    juan_aviles said:
    @3dcadDoes this still work? 
    3dcad said:
    @juan_aviles
    It seems to work as it used to. When you have print preview open (https://cad.onshape.com/printview) use RMB and select save image, there is your png. So you don't actually print anything, just save the preview as you would save any image from web.

I find it easier to save screenshots, it is difficult to get preview right first time. Resolution for image is better when saved from preview, use this if you aim to print.
    @juan_aviles
    Possibly what you don't realise is that @3dcad is invoking "Print" from within Onshape, by clicking on the hamburger-like icon at top left whose hover hint is "Document Menu". This takes you straight into a Print Preview (which, as he points out, is difficult to position and scale)

If you RMB within the preview window, you get the option to save an image, and the only format choice (but it's a good one, far preferable to jpg for computer-generated graphics) is png.

• peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    @andrew_troup  Thanks for pointing that lot out. Yes the positioning and scale is difficult (trial and error) but at least can now save as a png or pdf or print on printer. Probably all I need to send customers for design intent. Only going to share documents with other designers not with customers in general as that opens a can of worms!
  • onshaperonshaper Member, Mentor Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Now Onshape is giving Autodesk answers!
  • sandy_beckersandy_becker Member Posts: 5

Having the capability to go straight from Onshape to a 3-D PDF so I can link my models to my Adobe Acrobat is a major plus.

• Someone who does multitasking of CAD work, marketing and software design 3-D PDFs comes in extremely helpful.
    • Adobe Acrobat has multiple features where a marketing person could modify the model and Adobe Acrobat without affecting the model to create their own documents.
    • There are ways to link your parametric model to Adobe Acrobat to update Adobe as the model gets updated and saved.
    • Taking 3-D PDF into software development gives me a lot of power to create web designs and test procedures.
    • Using 3-D PDFs in marketing documentation on the web minimizes the number of images and documents you need to create. 3-D PDF gives the customer a better idea of what you are marketing to them.