Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to rotate whole assembly?

paul_hammondpaul_hammond Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Hi,

im new with onshape and 3D design in general, I have a made some parts in solidworks and made them into an assembly. I have imported this assembly into onshape.

When i designed this part/assembly I designed it in the orientation which would be easiest for me at the time, but now when i'm going back to change things its getting confusing. I would like to rotate the whole assembly 90 degrees to the right, so that in the current 'front' view the 'bottom' ends up on the 'left'.

Can this be done and set so that i can use the rotating cube in the top right and corner to quickly go to the correct view?

Answers

• Options
    ethanethan Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 24
    edited June 2016
    If you ensure that no parts are fixed you can select all of them, group all of them, then select one of them and use the triad to rotate them all 90 degrees, then ungroup them. Also when you upload your Solidworks part, Solidworks is y axis up while on shape is Z axis up. So if you select that option while uploading it should rotate it for you!