Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

using freetext for commands

elhanan_maayanelhanan_maayan Member Posts: 17
hi.. 
for a while something onshape ui and (well other software  as well) has been bothering and that as the ability to use freetext to invoke commands.

both eclipse and interlij have been emplying this ability so instead of using hotkeys,menus or icons toolbars, you have an always on text search box that you can type what ever you want to do , like for example type 'new' (and you get a narrowing list of commands) and then type 'project' you refine it to even less commands , this is very streamlined way of things to do , and i found it very useful. a similar concept is found in windows start menu. 

i think onshape ui can benefit greatly from such a feature. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    I guess what you need is command finder as in Creo (Formerly known as Pro-Engineer) as shown below

+1 from me for your suggestion. Onshape is having less buttons compared to Creo, so it may not be so essential at this point of time. But I also agree that such command finder will benefit to users when number of buttons go on increasing with number of improvements in Onshape.