Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Probably a stupid question...

david_geselldavid_gesell Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
But how can I add features such as a weld to a completed assembly? I have an assembly consisting of 4 vertical walls that make a box, and a top and bottom plate that enclose the box. I think I have everything mated together, but now I need to add a fillet (weld) where the top and bottom plate meets the walls. Is there anyway to make changes like this to a completed assembly or do I have to somehow mate everything together in my parts studio and add the welds before bringing everything into an assembly? Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• david_geselldavid_gesell Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. I think I'll stay away from assemblies for awhile and just sketch everything together to start with. So far I'm loving onshape!!! Much easier than freecad amd less expensive than solidworks. 
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good plan.

The future time to grapple with assemblies is when you want to define relative motion between parts.