Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mates and movements, help!

Hello,

I've been trying to give some motion to these parts. I want the pins to move inside the slots.
My question is, how can I do this?

Any help and advise will help!

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/af70647e54204867be7af5e8/w/84221d8e418047d191ac4fb7/e/c3e44b3275f549bba7eb6158

Bless,
CC

Answers

• peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    Nope, beats me. I know no way of constraining the pin movement to an arced slot like shown on your model. Answers from those with greater expertise will interest me too! :s
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Not currently possible, I'm afraid. If you search the forum for "path mate", "cam mate" and "tangent mate" you will find lots of users who keenly await some method of doing what you are planning.

What you can theoretically do as a workaround is create a number of alternative mates along the desired path, and use "Manage Versions" as a klunky substitute for assembly configurations (which are also a future enhancement we are sure - and keen - to see implemented) - but those who try it generally end up licking their wounds, judging from past forum posts.
  • T_OdaT_Oda Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

This is approximate and complex and takes so much work and inconsistent and not recommended.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0b35539ab2ac42818d41b2ba/w/98ba28ee95dd4aa0aa49dcb7