Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Making a detail view of a section view

Mike_HedgerMike_Hedger Member Posts: 1
I can't seem to make a detail view of a section view on a drawing.  Is this not supported.  Further to that, is it possible to edit the shape of the detail view to make it something other than a circle?  I use this on every drawing I do at work. 

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 
  • chrisjh777chrisjh777 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    edited February 2016
    +1 (you know there's an improvement request section right?) :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @philip_thomas  I don't want to research several pages of request to find the one to vote on.

I'm sure everyone feels the same, therefore your voting system may be somewhat in valid.

IMO

_Dave_
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    @philip_thomas may have been referring to the Improvement Request section of this forum:

https://forum.onshape.com/categories/improvement-requests

and suggesting that it would be more productive to make the request (and +1 it) there.

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Thank you michael3424 :)

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    Users don't need to research that page first if you don't want to.  You can just submit feedback within the document and explain what ails you.  We in support can tie it to existing requests that we reference for internal reasons.  If you want it can be very low overhead for you, especially you @_Dave_ ;)  
  • PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Detail view off of a section is a must. That's what I was expecting to do today.