Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Why does order in selection of loft profiles / faces matter

Eric_92Eric_92 OS Professional Posts: 22 PRO
edited July 2016 in Community Support
I'm confused as to why the program works as intended when you click in one sequence, but either goes red or comes up with something crazy in the other sequence. If I knew why it mattered I could stop guessing, but as of yet have not seen a pattern for it..
Thanks

Answers

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    Eric_92 , Can you share your document or screenshot of your sketches.So that we can also look into that.
  • cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @Eric_92  You are lofting between transitioning profiles.  The order that you select them, is the order that it lofts between.  If you select them out of order it still tries to loft them in the order you selected (which will most likely fail since the loft cant double back on itself).

In general, with lofts that have many profiles, you want to select them left to right, or right to left, in order.