Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

convert entities and/or intersect 3D surfaces with sketch plane

adamohernadamohern Member, OS Professional Posts: 216 PRO
Is it possible in FS to use the "Use (Project/Convert)" tool to project edges into the sketch?

Similarly, is it possible to take the intersection of a face with the sketch plane?

Comments

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,176
    For these cases, sketch functionality is not available to FS, but you can create a large face (e.g. on a sheet body) and use opSplitFace.

For intersections you can also do an opSplitPart with the plane and look at the resulting face.  Keep in mind that opPattern with an identity transform can be used to make an in-place copy of any body.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    adamohernadamohern Member, OS Professional Posts: 216 PRO
    But what can I do with the opSplitFace if I can't bring it into a sketch? Without a sketch I can't extrude/loft/etc, right?
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,176
    You can extrude/loft/etc any face of a solid or sheet body.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc