Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Ho to edit part from within assembly

PalbamPalbam Member Posts: 1
edited June 2016 in Community Support
Hi, I brought a bunch of parts into an assembly and now am trying to edit some of them from within the assembly. So far have not found a way to do this. 

Answers

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @nir_gurarye, Currently this facility is not available in Onshape. You can vote for this improvement request which is already raised by some other user. Please vote for this improvement request by visiting below link.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/1335/edit-part-within-assembly

In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape.
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    If you right click a part from within the assembly there i an option to switch to the part studio containing that part. The selected part will be highlighted when the part studio opens for quick reference. After making your edit just press back arrow in the browser and you'll be taken back to the assembly where you left off. I don't see a necessity to actually edit a part with-in the assembly.
  • Options
    emerson_botteroemerson_bottero Member, Developers Posts: 37 ✭✭
    The loading time every time I switch to assembly is a problem for me, usualy I keep two or more tabs open. But  you lost  the switch to part studio, but is so easy to search the part , it is really fast too.