Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

automate STL Export

arved_bünningarved_bünning Member Posts: 2
I'd like to have a one-click-solution for exporting the selected body as an stl with fine quality, so that I just have to type in a name for the file. 
sadly, I have no programming experience whatsoever. Has someone already done such a FeatureScript?
Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    @cody_armstrong - is FS likely to ever have import capability?

• cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @michael3424  This capability falls under our API.  Which isn't publicly available yet.  FeatureScript is solely used for creating custom features.
  • arved_bünningarved_bünning Member Posts: 2
    Oh, that's sad. So would you like to implement an automated export function?
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    I'd really like this too.  Preferably with a saved favorite stl settings and default file path.  Could be a button, could be a context sensitive right click whatever works.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd