Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Import Files Without Creating New Tab

I'd love the ability to import files without creating a new part studio or assembly tab.  As an example, I often model a PCB, and then download dozens of components from manufacturers to place on the PCB.  I'd like to keep all these components internal to a single part studio, rather than having all of them clutter my workspace with tabs.

An alternate implementation might be to add the ability to hide tabs or make folders full of tabs.

Comments

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ patrick_dingle799, To get all parts in one part studio,all parts should be in one file(like exporting assembly file will contain all parts in one file).
    You can follow below work around if you are getting all parts in different file.You need to upload it to Onshape one by one and it will create number of tabs.To avoid more number of tabs in delivery document,you can upload it to new document- create assembly in that document-then you can export the assembly and import it to delivery document.

• cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @patrick_dingle799  You can create folders full of tabs. This was added with a recent update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHptksWl2gs