Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to edit individual parts within imported assembly

dan_engererdan_engerer Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
Hello. I want to edit individual parts within a CAD assembly that I imported. I created a new assembly and imported my CAD assembly into it, but am stuck here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you import an assembly, it's actually imported into a part studio. You can either edit that part directly in that part studio, or you can start a new part studio and use a Derived feature to import only the part you want to edit.
  • Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @dan_engerer Based on the method of import it will either create all the parts in entire part studio or it will create multiple sub-assembly tabs and respective part studios. For second case where sub-assembly tabs are created when you right click on any part in assembly you will get the option "Switch to xxxxx" (xxxx indicates the name of part studio which contains the parts from assembly) Once you click on that option it will navigate you to the part studio where you can edit the parts.