Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mate connector

fmafma Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
Hi!

I added a mate connector to my bevels gear:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/9b04fb889def400dfd4a693f/v/49c81b9a7cb792589aff29d1/e/fc99f57d0b9bb11ec95b86b7

Is there a way to have them appear as independant Mate connectors, so I can show/hide them, and also to be able to select them from the parts list, in an assembly?

Thanks,

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    I don't believe so.  One run of a FS can only result in one feature in the tree.  You can show hide the mates (as a pair only) by hiding the feature in the tree.  This will not hide the parts.

OwS
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • fmafma Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Ok, thanks!
  • fmafma Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    In fact, in the Part Studio, clicking on the eye show/hide all non-body parts, including Mate Connectors.

And Mate Connectors appear in an assembly, and they can be show/hide individually.

So, all is fine :smile:
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Happy days.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd