Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to cut out a portion of a part that was created with revolve?

curtis_reynoldscurtis_reynolds Member Posts: 5
I am building an astronomical observatory. I'm building it in onshape to figure out some of the actual construction. Actually, all the construction is done, up to building the dome. I have created the dome using the revolve tool. I need to cut out the aperture in the dome for the telescope to see through, but I can't figure out how to do that in onshape. Any help here would be had and much appreciated. Anyone know how to cut our a rectangular hole in a part created with revolve?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Onshape guys... I absolutely love onshape so far. This is actually my first venture into 3D CAD... and the learning curve is not terribly steep. I just started using it yesterday and feel like I've done a pretty fair job already.

Best Answer

Answers