Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do you add a radius curve to a bent wire?

MetroMetro Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have apart of profiled wire with two 90 deg bends. On the top profile I did a simple sweep that runs from down the y-axis makes a 90deg turn to the left than another turn left to continue down the y-axis  I would like the wire to also have a curved radius of 300- 400mm (12-16") the radius curve running along the y-axis and rising up the z-axis of the right plane. Anyone know how to achieve this? 

Here is a link to the part if that helps

Thank you for any advice

-Metro

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/689fc63eca46ed4287e4366e/w/a8d76ebe928e96b0e85f258e/e/635bd193e0a6679801c33e33

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MetroMetro Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Aaaaha! Thank you Mahir...I thought it was the Projected curve but I couldn't seem to crack it. Thank you very much!