Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I get the length and vertex values of a simple edge

ron_morelandron_moreland Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
Is there a simple example of how to query an edge for length and vertices? I've looked through several .fs examples and I get lost on what is relevant to my question. In particular the concept of context. If I pass in the edge in precondition, what should the context be when I query that edge?

Best Answer

Answers

• ron_morelandron_moreland Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Thanks, I'll go through it again. It's been a while.I haven't looked at the second example.
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Don't hesitate to ask if this is not clear after that.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • ron_morelandron_moreland Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I went though the examples. The second was particularly helpful, It brought up a couple points I hadn't thought of and explain the solution. The warnings about "qNthElement" and entity order was interesting. I didn't consider the problem I could encounter with that.
    Thanks for the help.