Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

UPDATING LINKED DOCUMENTS

papawopapawo Member, Developers Posts: 206 PRO
edited January 2018 in FeatureScript
Can I update all the linked documents in one go  in the feature browser, using featurescript or the normal way?

Comments

• Options
    raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    If you right mouse button on a tab you can update all references in one go for the whole tab. But you have to repeat this for all tabs. Please submit an improvement if you would like to update all tabs at once
  • Options
    papawopapawo Member, Developers Posts: 206 PRO
    thanks!
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    If you right mouse button on a tab you can update all references in one go for the whole tab. But you have to repeat this for all tabs. Please submit an improvement if you would like to update all tabs at once
    I would like this for drawings as well.

mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    You can also just click on the blue chain link and it'll update. 
  • Options
    iain_downsiain_downs Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Can I add a vote for this?  I've a design with 20 or so parts and assemblies driven from properties in a feature script.  If I change a single property, I have tp go through 20 tabs to update all the versions.

I'm only looking to apply a version to all related parts in a single project, not between projects.

Iain