Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

face of the bounding box

papawopapawo Member, Developers Posts: 206 PRO
edited May 2018 in FeatureScript
I would like to change the face of the bounding box.
can I use any part face to move/change the bounding box face?
or is it possible?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I made a bounding box selecting 2 points that makes up the minCorner and maxCorner but then after that
    I would like to select the bounding box face that is parallel to whatever existing face that is selected by the user.

Answers

• Options
    kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    A bounding box is evaluated based on the entities you pass in. You can pass a query for any set of entities as the entities of evBoundingBox.

Once you have a bounding box (represented as a minCorner and a maxCorner), you could modify those values. This is only necessary if you are using bounding box as input to some other operation. (Nothing in our standard library takes bounding boxes as input).

So, do you want to calculate a bounding box of more entities? Or do you want to change those calculated values by a some fixed amount?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I made a bounding box selecting 2 points that makes up the minCorner and maxCorner but then after that
    I would like to select the bounding box face that is parallel to whatever existing face that is selected by the user.