Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

VisualCAMc Beta in OnShape (How to unselect all work regions before next operation?)

I have been using VisualCAMc Beta for while now.  I can create a simple part to be milled by a CNC router.  Load it into VisualCAMc and generate G-Code.  However going from pocketing a region to profiling a region.  I have to manual click on every line to unselect.  I found in the online manual it says you can press the space bar to clear selections, but nothing happens when I do that.

"tog_minusBasic Procedure

Selection works like a toggle. Click to select, click again to deselect. You can also use Alt+click to additively select and deselect (the same behavior you would expect from Ctrl+click).  Clicking additional entities adds them to the selection set.  Clear selections by pressing the Space bar."

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Best Answers

• james_whittingtonjames_whittington Member Posts: 12
    Answer ✓
    I am happy to report that the function works in Chrome, i was able to de-select everything......Thank you so much for your sponse....I am going to remove fire fox and reinstall and see what happens with that
  • MecSoft_SupportMecSoft_Support Member Posts: 10 PRO
    Answer ✓
    I just doesn't seem to work for me......I click outside the part, and then press the space bar and nothing?
    I am using FireFox for my browser.  Is there anything that I need to update?

The issue with deselecting all regions using Space bar in Firexfox browser has been fixed in the latest update VisualCAMc. Please verify this and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.
    Answer ✓
    I just doesn't seem to work for me......I click outside the part, and then press the space bar and nothing?

The issue with deselecting all regions using Space bar in Firexfox browser has been fixed in the latest update VisualCAMc. Please verify this and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.
    Yes its Fixed!!!  

Answers

Use the space bar to clear all region selections. If the cursor focus is in the Machining browser, click anywhere in the viewport (outside the part extents) before using the space bar to drop all selections.

as much as I hate to install chrome, I will for the test...when I get caught up next week, I will post response

Answer ✓
    I am happy to report that the function works in Chrome, i was able to de-select everything......Thank you so much for your sponse....I am going to remove fire fox and reinstall and see what happens with that
    I have been looking at purchasing visualCAD/CAM......and I have looked at the RhinoCAM.....must admit that I am lost ....I primarly want to make semi simple shapes and patters to be cut out.....I would like to be able to nest my products to save material......I like using onshape, but would like to also learn another CAD if there is a good support to build a foundation.....Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Answer ✓

I have been looking at purchasing visualCAD/CAM......and I have looked at the RhinoCAM.....must admit that I am lost ....I primarly want to make semi simple shapes and patters to be cut out.....I would like to be able to nest my products to save material......I like using onshape, but would like to also learn another CAD if there is a good support to build a foundation.....Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    We can arrange a live online demo with an application engineer to help you with our desktop CAM products. To schedule a demo you can email us at sales@mecsoft.com or submit a request at: Schedule On-line demos
    Answer ✓

Yes its Fixed!!!  
    I must admit that I am very new to the CNC world, but to who ever at MecSoft_Support that followed up on my post I am most appreciative.  MecSoft has earned my business!!!

I will schedule a demo in the very near future!

Thank you,
    James