Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do you upload fonts into Onshape?

2»

Answers

• Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    Hi @Cris_Bowers

If you haven't already, please submit a support ticket for the initial design that was experiencing performance issues.  This can be done through the "feedback" menu item in the "?" menu of that document.  Your workflow sounds very promising, and we would be interested in taking a look at what's slowing it down.
    I think the issue may be the number of lines generated in the text art. Each of the 6 sketches contained between 317 to 444 entities. I will try to remember to submit a support ticket once I have completed this project.
  • famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    where is the feature request for uploading fonts?
  • ian_stoddernian_stoddern Member Posts: 4
    I am somewhat surprised and shocked, to say the least, that this program does not allow the use of TT fonts, this must be the only Cad / Cam program not allowing this with the rapid growth of CNC, 3D Printers, Lasers, think this should be addressed sooner rather than latter
  • Ben_CurioBen_Curio Member Posts: 2
    I just had to do this and used CorelDraw. I used to think CorelDraw was a massive heaving pile of garbage, but it is actually amazing for creating dxf files and tracing.