Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Adding features to sheet metal flat pattern

brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
Could anyone please advise me how to bring up the update video on adding features to flat pattern in sheet metal please.
Been trying for a while now without success. It may have been included in a webinar which would also help.
Regards Brian

Best Answers

Answers

• bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    What features are you trying to add? Right now you can place sketches on the flat pattern use the extrude feature.

You click on 'Sketch' to create a new sketch, open up the flat pattern view and click on one the flat pattern. From there you can sketch profiles and use extrude to perform cuts.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    ^ To add to this, once you've sketched on the flat pattern, extrude can perform cuts AND additions to the sheet metal model.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Thank you, I have first drawn sketch , then gon to sheet metal, thickend it 2mm . Opened flat pattern, then opened new sketch on pattern and tried to
    extrude cut, or add hole but this does not seem to work. Could this be because I am using Safari browser, or am I making the wrong approach.

Can you advise please Brian

• brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Got it with your help Many thanks to all