Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Teams & Public

PAHPAH Member Posts: 17 EDU
Hello,
I am a teacher that is looking at trying Onshape with my grade 9 class. I created a team (currently empty). It shows on my home page public.
1. Does that mean the students work will be publicly available? I am concerned with the privacy laws we have. 
2. Next step for me is to add the students email. I do not see a button or way to add people to the team. Is there a guide to help me?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Paul

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank you to all that answered. I have sent a request to change my account to educational. I am now working through the lessons.
    Thank you,
    Paul

Answers

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    @PAH
    It looks like you yourself need to upgrade your account to EDU
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited November 2018
    @lana Would it be possible to have a differentiation between a student and a teacher account?  It'd be nice to see who is who on the forum and further down the road each might have different permissions as far as sharing / tools etc.

Cheers, Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    @lana Would it be possible to have a differentiation between a student and a teacher account?  It's be nice to see who is who on the forum and further down the road each might have different permissions as far as sharing / tools etc.

Cheers, Owen S.
    Nice idea. Ideally something like Enterprise for schools/classes. The instructor is the admin. I would not mind at all if I had to provide a specific link to my instructor profile on our school website as proof that I am instructor in order to use the additional features. Would/could "enterprise for education" allow instructors to sign-up students if they don't have accounts? How does that work for enterprise users?
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    I don't think we'll want to verify if the person opening teacher account is actually a teacher. We could just ask that teachers change their name in Onshape account to say <login>(teacher) - that would show up in the forum. 
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank you to all that answered. I have sent a request to change my account to educational. I am now working through the lessons.
    Thank you,
    Paul
  • Options
    john_doubledayjohn_doubleday Member Posts: 58 EDU
    Yes I am doing this at the moment. Good to read, thanks