Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Curriculum Lesson Plans - Timing?

Tim_CollierTim_Collier Member Posts: 3 EDU
edited June 2018 in Community Support
The College Curriculum has 12 'weekly' lessons. Can anyone suggest what a reasonable time allocation for each week might be? For senior high school, does 3 hours a week sound right? 

Best Answers

Answers

• brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    @noa,

Is the curriculum being updated this summer? We are being pushed to make all PDF and other documents used in classes accessible. I tested a couple of the Onshape College documents for accessibility back in March and they failed miserably.

I use your curriculum in my class, but not rigidly nor in its entirety. It is just one source of assignments I use.

Brian
  • Tim_CollierTim_Collier Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thanks Noa,  that is a big help. It gives me a starting point to work from. 
    Brian, can you expand on the problem you mentioned - re "accessibility" and "failed" ?
  • noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    edited June 2018
    Hi @brian_brady , we do not have plans at this time to make significant updates to the curriculum this summer, but welcome the submission of feedback tickets so that we can measure the interest.
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • Tim_CollierTim_Collier Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thanks Brian ... gosh, I hadn't thought about that ... that is one barrier that we are yet to address.
  • mark_rogers198mark_rogers198 Member Posts: 1
    Where can I find the onshape curriculum?
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    @Jake_Rosenfeld This link is broken. Is the college curriculum no longer available? I was hoping that it would be updated to match a more current version of Onshape and maybe some freshening/changing of some of the exercises. Any chance this is just a mistake and an update is on the way?

Brian

• lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    edited July 2019
    @brian_brady
    I was able to open that link. Could you please check again? - Nah actual curriculum link is broken- sorry did not follow it far enough. 
  • bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    @brian_brady The curriculum link has been taken down due to the content being out of date compared to the product. The difficult part with our fast-paced innovation is making sure we keep our learning materials up to date!

Our training team is amazing but unfortunately also only human so it takes some time to get to everything. I can't speak on a timeline for having updated content but it sounds like you have a good understanding of what was available. Do you have any feedback for what we could add/focus on? 

Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• dave_sartorydave_sartory Member Posts: 19 EDU
    Is there any way we could get the legacy curriculum back?  Even if it's a bit outdated it had some excellent starting points and since it was shared as a Google Doc I could easily add/remove things that don't pertain to my class.  Thank you!