Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Land site survey request for proposal

I'm considering designing my home in Onshape and would like to include a section in my site survey request for proposal that ensures the result of the site survey is a file that is well suited to import into Onshape. I know that STL, OBJ, and Parasolid formats are supported but was wondering if there is any other format that would be preferred for this task and for importing into Onshape.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    The entire list of supported import formats can be found in our documentation: https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/translation.htm

Generally any b-rep part (not meshes like STL) will perform best in Onshape. Though Parasolid formats work best, any other b-rep formats work great as well. Mesh formats are supported but generally less flexible as you cannot modify the mesh parts.
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.